SC restores PA membership of PML-N MPA Rashida Yaqub
Earlier, Election Tribunal (ET) had suspended Rashida's membership for concealing assets. A two member bench presided over by Justice Iqbal Hamid ur Rehman announced the decision.
Counsel for Rashida Yaqub took the plea that his client did not conceal the assets and the decision given by ET in this respect was illegal and unconstitutional.
The rival candidates including Daniyal had not provided credible evidence to ET and even then membership of PA in respect of his client was suspended. He prayed the court to nullify the ET decision and restore the membership of his client.
The court while suspending the decision of ET restored membership of Rashida Yaqub.
The hearing of the case was adjourned till February, 24.
- Here are complete unofficial results of Senate Election 202109:53 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PSL 6 – Peshawar Zalmi fined for slow over-rate in match against ...09:15 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PM Imran Khan’s vote for Senate polls was also rejected?09:04 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- ‘Aik Qaum, Aik Manzil’ – ISPR releases teaser for Pakistan Day ...08:18 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PTI govt to lose Abdul Hafeez Shaikh as Pakistan's finance minister ...07:52 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Nauheed Cyrusi recreates Piya Basanti as the famous track turns 2007:00 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Birthday girl Shraddha Kapoor shows her dance moves at beach party06:13 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Anurag Kashyap and Taapsee Pannu face raids over 'tax evasion'05:14 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021