Sindh govt prepares summary to extend Rangers’ special powers
KARACHI – The Sindh government has prepared a summary to extend the special powers of Rangers in Sindh for a further 90 days after they expired last night. called a meeting of Sindh Assembly on January 18.
A Sindh Assembly meeting was called on January 18 in this regard.
The Home Department prepared the summary for extension which will be sent to the Ministry of Interior after obtaining an approval from provincial cabinet.
Sources said that Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah will take the leadership of Pakistan Peoples Party into confidence before the Assembly meeting.
The special powers expired on January 15 after an extension of 90 days on October 17, 2016. A Rangers operation in the city was launched in September 2013.
In November 2014, the Rangers were granted powers till July 2015, but in July the powers were extended for a 30-day period, while the jurisdiction was restricted only to Karachi. In August the powers were again extended for a period of four months.
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020