PTA blocks over one million mobile numbers to curb grey trafficking
PTA regularly identifies mobile SIMs being used in termination of grey traffic in the country. A latest annual report of PTA on Sunday said the Authority remained determined to tackle this issue by introducing a number of important measures over the years.
Some of them include Monitoring and Reconciliation of International Telephony Traffic (M&RITT) system, heavy caller analysis, monitoring of IP bandwidth and raids against illegal exchanges in all parts of the country.
PTA has also deregulated Long Distance International (LDI) sector by driving Access Promotion Contribution (APC) charges down to zero and deregulating Approved Settlement Rate (ASR).
This significant step is a key factor in mitigating illegal traffic termination and helps in diverting more international traffic through legal channels into Pakistan.
- Shah Rukh Khan’s wife, son trolled over ‘running away from ...07:56 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- A Star-studded Launch of the realme 8 Series Awaits with a ...06:59 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Historic as 4-year-old Pakistani girl becomes youngest Microsoft ...06:26 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- IHC rejects plea seeking cancellation of O/A level exams06:08 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran inaugurates Kohsar University in Murree05:20 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Amna Mufti opens up about her meeting with PM Imran Khan01:36 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani ACCA topper Zara Dar pens a heartwarming note about parents04:36 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II shares a thankful note on 95th birthday03:38 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021