Romania keen to import 0.5 mln Pakistani workforce by 2020: Envoy
The development came in response to the offer made by Romanian Ambassador to Pakistan, Niculaie Goia who was called on Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development Sayed Zulfikar Abbas Bukhari.
In a view of the recent development in Romania and migration of Romanian human capital to European countries for prospective job opportunities, Niculaie Goia said it would be seeking as many as one million workforces from the various countries.
“Romania is ready to import over 0.5 million of Pakistani workers by 2020 due to a shortage of human resource at home,” the envoy informed the Special Assistant.
The Ambassador said the labour market of his country was offering a large number of job opportunities for Pakistanis in various sectors including Information Technology, construction, Doctors, Engineers and others.
Earlier this year, Germany vowed to take in experts in robotics and quantum mechanics and other skilled workers from Pakistan, he added.
The Special Assistant said the government was striving hard to train its human capital at par with global standards and the International donor agencies were approached to set up vocational and technical training institutes on modern lines.
“The demands of the International labour market are being taken into consideration to equip the workforce with modern technological expertise, he remarked.
Both the dignitaries held a thorough discussion to devise a mechanism for safe and secure export of Pakistani skilled, semi and non-skilled manpower to Romania.
Bukhari said that despite huge opportunities were available for Pakistan in terms of foreign employment, there was still a need to formulate a legal framework to ensure safe and legally protected migration of Pakistani workers.
The Ambassador said as the country required some 40,000 drivers, it would keen to hire the maximum number of drivers from Pakistan.
The Special Assistant requested the envoy to accommodate the maximum number of repatriated emigrants for the purpose.
Both the dignitaries also agreed to work out a plan by making a working group consisting of officials of the Romanian Mission and the Overseas Ministry to derive out a mechanism that could help eliminate workers exploitation in the host country.
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...07:40 AM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 24 November 202007:20 AM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Daesh Karachi commander killed in Bajaur operation: ISPR11:16 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- GBLA-II: PPP workers clash with police over 'rigged' election results10:52 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- France forgives Pakistani minister for ‘insulting’ tweet10:00 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Does Meesha Shafi want to date Babar Azam?07:05 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Justin Bieber pens a beautiful 24th birthday message to wife Hailey ...03:43 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- YouTuber Umar Khan ties the knot03:15 PM | 23 Nov, 2020