PM Imran welcomes UNSC meeting on Occupied Jammu and Kashmir
In a tweet Saturday, Khan said it is for the first time in over 50 years that the world's highest diplomatic forum has taken up this issue.
I welcome the UNSC meeting to discuss the serious situation in Occupied Jammu & Kashmir. It is for the first time in over 50 yrs that the world’s highest diplomatic forum has taken up this issue. There are 11 UNSC resolutions reiterating the Kashmiris right to self determination.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) August 17, 2019
The premier said there are 11 UN Security Council resolutions reiterating the Kashmiris right to self-determination.
He said the UNSC meeting is a reaffirmation of these resolutions. Therefore, addressing the suffering of the Kashmiri people and ensuring resolution of the dispute is the responsibility of this world body.
China expresses concerns over Kashmir crisis in ... 08:45 PM | 16 Aug, 2019
NEW YORK - The UN Security Council met behind-closed-doors in New York today to take up Pakistan’s request for the ...
- Jazz draws public ire for internet service suspension01:56 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- 19 die as passenger bus plunges into ravine in Balochistan's Shirani ...12:43 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Military leadership authorised to hold talks with TTP, says Rana Sana11:20 AM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Nida Yasir teases fans with beach video10:47 AM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars react to recent hike in petrol prices11:14 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan's sports superstar Shoaib Akhtar leaves for Hajj06:15 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Noor Zafar Khan reveals her latest celebrity crush07:37 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022