PM Imran welcomes UNSC meeting on Occupied Jammu and Kashmir
In a tweet Saturday, Khan said it is for the first time in over 50 years that the world's highest diplomatic forum has taken up this issue.
I welcome the UNSC meeting to discuss the serious situation in Occupied Jammu & Kashmir. It is for the first time in over 50 yrs that the world’s highest diplomatic forum has taken up this issue. There are 11 UNSC resolutions reiterating the Kashmiris right to self determination.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) August 17, 2019
The premier said there are 11 UN Security Council resolutions reiterating the Kashmiris right to self-determination.
He said the UNSC meeting is a reaffirmation of these resolutions. Therefore, addressing the suffering of the Kashmiri people and ensuring resolution of the dispute is the responsibility of this world body.
China expresses concerns over Kashmir crisis in ... 08:45 PM | 16 Aug, 2019
NEW YORK - The UN Security Council met behind-closed-doors in New York today to take up Pakistan’s request for the ...
- Pakistani rupee gains Rs2.54 against dollar in interbank market12:37 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- TV anchor Iqrarul Hassan jumps into dispute between Aamir Liaquat’s ...11:50 AM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Pemra warns TV channels of action for airing ‘propaganda ...11:18 AM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Court grants two-day remand of Shahbaz Gill in sedition case10:15 AM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Eshal Fayyaz gives befitting reply to trolls for moral policing05:58 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adeel Chaudhry spills the beans on his wedding plans05:06 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022