PM Imran welcomes UNSC meeting on Occupied Jammu and Kashmir
In a tweet Saturday, Khan said it is for the first time in over 50 years that the world's highest diplomatic forum has taken up this issue.
I welcome the UNSC meeting to discuss the serious situation in Occupied Jammu & Kashmir. It is for the first time in over 50 yrs that the world’s highest diplomatic forum has taken up this issue. There are 11 UNSC resolutions reiterating the Kashmiris right to self determination.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) August 17, 2019
The premier said there are 11 UN Security Council resolutions reiterating the Kashmiris right to self-determination.
He said the UNSC meeting is a reaffirmation of these resolutions. Therefore, addressing the suffering of the Kashmiri people and ensuring resolution of the dispute is the responsibility of this world body.
- What happened in the night when the young man married a 20-year-old ...12:46 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Eighth Pakistani player tests positive for coronavirus, confirms PCB11:33 AM | 2 Dec, 2020
- 40pc Pakistanis 'unhappy' with PM Imran’s current performance: ...10:53 AM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Punjab records highest single-day COVID-19 deaths on December 110:14 AM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 02 December 202009:38 AM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020