SSU Commando Khan Saeed Afridi bags silver medal in World Police Games
About 11,000 athletes (policemen) from around the world took part in 65 events, said a statement issued by SSU here on Saturday.
It is first time in the history of Pakistan that any police commando representing Pakistan Police has won medal in World Police Games.
IGP Sindh Dr. Syed Kaleem Imam, Addl IGP Operations Ameer Shaikh, DIGP Maqsood Ahmed, DIG Nasir Aftab and Commandant SSU Ghulam Murtaza congratulated to Khan Saeed Afridi for winning the silver medal.
Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Sindh Dr. Syed Kaleem Imam announced a cash reward of Rs.100,000/- for Commando Khan Saeed Afridi. Sindh Police Chief said that Khan's achievement was not only pride for the country but for the Sindh Police as well, according to a statement.
Dr. Syed Kaleem Imam said that Sindh Police, besides focusing on maintaining law and order, was also taking an active part in the other healthy and social activities.
- Seven family members go missing after car swept away by flood in Sindh11:32 AM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 578 news cases, two deaths in last 24 hours10:46 AM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Islamabad police get Shahbaz Gill’s custody after hours-long ...09:16 AM | 18 Aug, 2022
- PAKvNED – Pakistan take on Netherlands in second ODI today08:44 AM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Maria B lauds Lahore school for removing trans activist Dr Mehrub ...09:56 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Meera shares 'words of wisdom' with fans09:06 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Naseebo Lal rocks the audience at US concert08:44 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022