PM Nawaz pledges to counter terrorists with full force
He was chairing a meeting here in the aftermath of suicide bomb blast at the shrine of sufi saint Lal Shahbaz Qalandar.
He was briefed by the chief secretary Sindh about the tragic incident in which 83 people were killed, 343 injured, of which 76 were in critical state.
The prime minister said Pakistan had been fighting a war on its identity since its inception.
"In the pursuit of peace and prosperity, every state in history has faced opposition from those who have wished to revert them to primitive and barbaric roots," he said.
Earlier, Nawaz Sharif arrived in Sehwan Sharif where he visited injured people in the hospital along with Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan and others.
Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah and Governor Muhammad Zubair welcomed the prime minister at the airport.
Yesterday, a suicide blast ripped through the Lal Shahbaz Qalandar shrine killing at least 80 people and injuring numbers of people.
- UK court tells Pakistan's NAB to pay billions to Broadsheet by Aug 1310:16 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sindh SHOs permitted to take action against Covid SOPs’ violations08:45 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan to become mobile phones’ exporter by 2022, says Razak ...08:17 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari shares his two cents regarding Sadaf Kanwal's item ...04:34 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021