ECC approves hike in natural gas prices
The decision was taken in the committee's meeting with Finance Minister Asad Umar in the chair. The ECC also gave a green signal for the addition of a new tariff slab for sale of gas.
There are, currently, three categories of domestic consumers under which Rs110 are charged per mmbtu from those consuming 100 cubic metres per month, Rs220 from the consumers of 300 cubic meters gas while Rs600/mmbtu are charged from those consuming 600 cubic metres and above.
The hike will be applicable to the higher tariff slabs as the finance minister had issued directives to not burden on common people.
The ECC also decreased the import tax on Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) by ten percent.
Earlier on September 10, the committee postponed the matter pertaining to increase in gas prices and left the final decision to Prime Minister Imran Khan.
The 12-member committee also decided that fertiliser factories will be provided 50% local gas and 50% LNG for production.
- Coronavirus: Pakistan reports 2,521 new cases, 43 deaths09:21 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Live Open Market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...08:55 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 17 January 202108:35 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan’s ‘best bank' denies trans rights activist an account ...11:52 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan Air Force chief meets Turkish defence industries head11:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 30th birthday04:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021