Karachi hosts Pakistan Advertisers Society (PAS) awards 2018
This year, the awards were presented by Engro Corporation, as its title sponsor, in association with Leo Television Network. It featured the 15 regular categories, 12 Special Categories and 3 special Awards and received more than 324 entries from the agencies and brands all across Pakistan and Iran.
Iflix Pakistan was declared the winner company of PAS awards in media category, while GroupM, Walnut, and Reactivate the best media advertising companies.
GroupM is the world’s largest advertising media company in terms of billings. It is headquartered in New York City with over 30,000 employees and 400 global offices in 81 countries.
Walnut Communications is a multi-disciplinary communications company based in Karachi, which started out in 2014.
Reactivate is another Pakistan-based digital creative design agency.
Some of the prominent personalities were Abbas Arslan, General Secretary PAS; Naveed Asghar CMO HBL; Mohammad Abid Sheikh, CEO, LEO Television Network; Muhammad Nasir Saleem, General Manager BestSongs.pk; Syed Mazahir Hussain, Director Marketing, Aaj News; Ali Asghar Jamali, CEO, Indus Motors; Mirza Uzair Baig, Director Marketing, Dunya TV; Javed Ahmed and Mujahid Hamid, the Jury Chair.
They presented awards with some renowned celebrities like Sohai Ali Abro, Ronak Lakhani, Sheema Kirmani, Tooba Siddiqui, Mansha Pasha, Myra Khan, Angeline Malik, Komal Rizvi, Nimra Khan, Ghana Ali, Huma and Amir Adnan, Ali Kazmi and Maria Wasti.
Organised by the Pakistan Advertisers Society, this year’s ceremony featured theatrical acts by veteran comedy writer Farooq Qaiser and musical performances by Rachel Vicajji and others.
Renowned beautician turned women’s activist Massarat Misbah also attended the show, which was hosted by Veena Malik and popular stand-up comedian Shafaat Ali.
The red carpet was hosted by model Mashal Khan. The Lifetime Achievement Award was given to Bashir A. Khan, chairman of Manhattan Communications, for being one of the pioneers of advertising in Pakistan.
The show was directed by Amna Jamil Hussain of Goosebumpz and produced by iO Media.
Brainchild Communications was the marketing partner, A-Plus/Public News were the official broadcast partner and Rado1FM91 was the official radio partner.
The event was managed by Goosebumps, the Creative campaign was designed by Synergy Dentsu and MindMaps was the official digital agency with SeriaKolor being the animation partner.
Celebrity management and PR was done by Moiz Kazmi of MK Digital.
The Lifetime Achievement Award was given to Mr Bashir A. Khan, Chairman, Manhattan Communications for his lifelong contributions and being one of the pioneers of advertising in Pakistan.
A special segment of YouTube Leader Board Award was also presented as a special segment that was hosted by Google.
Other partners for the PAS Awards 2018 included Lipton, Toyota Fortuner, Coca-Cola, Nestle Fruita Vitals, Jubilee Life Insurance, Dunya TV, Aaj TV, Bonanza Satrangi, Youtube, Jang Media Group, Phsiogel GSK and Bestsongs.pk and Omore.
Here are the winners of the PAS 2018.
Here are some pictures of the grand event.
- It's not a good time to talk to India about better relations: PM Imran12:48 AM | 26 Oct, 2021
- PAKvNZ: After hunting down India, Pakistan ready to take on New ...12:18 AM | 26 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran holds meetings with Saudi crown prince, Bahraini counterpart ...11:27 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran congratulates Uzbek president on reelection10:55 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Thank You, Pakistan, For Welcoming Cricket Live Streaming For Free!10:31 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Mira Sethi questions the definition of masculinity that targets ...07:15 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Twitter hilariously trolls Akshay Kumar after Pakistan's victory ...05:38 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Babar Azam's father breaks into tears after Pakistan’s victory ...04:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021