Pakistan committed to UN peacekeeping mission, says Maleeha Lodhi
While addressing the Special Committee on Peacekeeping Operations, she said that safety and security of peacekeepers must continue to be an overriding priority. Reaffirming its commitment to UN peacekeeping operations, Pakistan told a UN panel that their success hinged on having a robust political track that led to political solutions in post-conflict areas.
At the same time, Ambassador stressed the need for strengthening UN's mediation and conflict prevention capabilities to complement peacekeeping.
She said that distinction between peacekeeping and peace enforcement must be maintained.
- Pakistan’s external debt tops $122 billion06:17 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Former badminton champion to head women’s cricket in Pakistan05:46 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Avari Group issues clarification after Mohammad Zubair's video leak ...04:37 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Watch - Ali Zafar shares BTS fun video from ‘Larsha Pekhawar’ ...03:00 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Juggan Kazim irks netizens after cringe worthy clip from her morning ...02:23 PM | 28 Sep, 2021