Saulat Mirza’s execution on Thursday
The execution to be held on tomorrow (Thursday).
According to Superintendent of Mach Prison, Ishaq Zehri, the family comprising wife, son and sister had also met him on Tuesday, ahead of two days his execution. “They met according to the procedure in the meeting area of prison with prisoner behind the bar,” Zehri said.
He was convicted for killing Managing Director of Karachi Electric Supply Corporation –now K-Electric-- Shahid Hamid, his driver Ashraf Brohi, and security guard Khan Akbar in a July 1997 shooting.
Yesterday, Supreme Court dismissed a second review petition filed by the condemned prisoner against his sentence that was handed down to him by an anti-terrorism court in May 1999 for a triple homicide.
In April 2014, he was transferred to Machh jail death cell after his mercy plea was rejected by Sindh High Court and President of Pakistan.
Mirza will be sent to gallows on March 19 as ATC in Karachi has issued his ‘black warrants’.
- Indian lover crashes ex-girlfriend's wedding ceremony in viral video01:05 AM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Aurangabad 'honour killing': Indian teen arrested for beheading ...12:35 AM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Saudi man linked to Jamal Khashoggi's murder arrested in Paris11:55 PM | 7 Dec, 2021
- BBC's 100 women of 2021: Who is on the list from Pakistan this time?11:19 PM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Sialkot lynching: Pakistan announces lifetime salary for the family ...10:45 PM | 7 Dec, 2021
- ‘Dream come true’ – Aima Baig becomes Spotify Pakistan’s most ...09:58 PM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal in legal trouble ahead of ‘wedding’09:42 PM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Asim Azhar gives a witty response to crowd chanting Hania Aamir's name06:10 PM | 7 Dec, 2021