Saulat Mirza’s execution on Thursday
The execution to be held on tomorrow (Thursday).
According to Superintendent of Mach Prison, Ishaq Zehri, the family comprising wife, son and sister had also met him on Tuesday, ahead of two days his execution. “They met according to the procedure in the meeting area of prison with prisoner behind the bar,” Zehri said.
He was convicted for killing Managing Director of Karachi Electric Supply Corporation –now K-Electric-- Shahid Hamid, his driver Ashraf Brohi, and security guard Khan Akbar in a July 1997 shooting.
Yesterday, Supreme Court dismissed a second review petition filed by the condemned prisoner against his sentence that was handed down to him by an anti-terrorism court in May 1999 for a triple homicide.
In April 2014, he was transferred to Machh jail death cell after his mercy plea was rejected by Sindh High Court and President of Pakistan.
Mirza will be sent to gallows on March 19 as ATC in Karachi has issued his ‘black warrants’.
- Woman ‘tortured, raped’ in Rawalpindi metro bus underpass10:28 AM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani soldier martyred in gunfight with terrorists in Balochistan09:52 AM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:36 AM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 622 new cases, 16 deaths in last 24 hours09:11 AM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 21 October 202108:47 AM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Mansha Pasha celebrates birthday with friends and family04:36 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drugs case: Aryan Khan’s bail plea rejected by Mumbai court03:25 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Ayesha Omar and Shoaib Malik’s new bold photos set internet on fire02:00 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021