Army Chief General Raheel Sharif visits US Defense Department, holds a key meeting with John Kerry
They discussed the Afghan-owned reconciliation, challenges and way forward besides need and steps for regional stability.
The COAS reiterated Pakistan’s desire to solidify US-Pak relations based on mutual interest and respect, 92hdnews.com reported.
Secretary of State John Kerry acknowledged Pakistan contributions and enormous sacrifices in fight against terror.
The COAS highlighted Pakistan’s perspective of regional security, including Afghanistan and India. “The US relations with Pakistan are independent of all other countries.”
He also highlighted the need for resolution of Kashmir.
Earlier, US Secretary of State John Kerry welcomed the delegation.
DG ISPR Asim Bajwa and DG Military Operations were also present.
- 'Dollars will rain on the ground from a helicopter...' Pakistani ...11:48 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate resolution condemns misleading Google, Wikipedia search ...11:21 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate passes resolution against circulation of fake currency notes ...11:09 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Winter Sports Festival concludes in Naltar; GB Scouts and PAF ...10:53 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- COAS Bajwa, ISI chief call on PM Imran in Islamabad10:35 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Pehli Si Muhabbat crosses 2.2 million views in just one day after ...07:28 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- #Cannoli – Islamabad café rebrands its logo after facing severe ...07:14 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood pours in best wishes for Mrs. and Mr. Varun Dhawan06:50 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021