Asad Umar to replace Khusro Bakhtiar as Minister for Planning, Special Initiatives
ISLAMABAD – Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Information and Broadcasting Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan Monday announced that Asad Umar is to be inducted in the Federal cabinet as the Minister for Planning and Special Initiatives while Khusro Bakhtiar will be assigned the portfolio of Minister for Petroleum.
In a tweet, she said the notification regarding the change and expansion in the cabinet would be issued soon.
وفاقی کابینہ میں توسیع اور ردوبدل۔اسد عمر منصوبہ بندی اور سپیشل انییشٹو جبکہ خسرو بختیار کو پیٹرولیم کا وفاقی وزیر بنانے کا فیصلہ۔اس ضمن میں جلد نوٹیفیکیشن جاری کردیا جائے گا۔— Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan (@Dr_FirdousPTI) November 18, 2019
It is yet unclear what portfolio Ghulam Sarwar Khan, the current minister for petroleum and natural resources, will be assigned.
PTI stalwart Asad Umar had stepped down as the finance minister in April this year.
At the time, Umar had announced that he had obtained Prime Minister Imran Khan's consent "to not take any cabinet position".
- China expresses pleasure over Pakistan’s approval of ML-1 project11:50 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Biden picks Kamala Harris as his 2020 vice presidential running mate11:36 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020