Asad Umar to replace Khusro Bakhtiar as Minister for Planning, Special Initiatives
ISLAMABAD – Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Information and Broadcasting Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan Monday announced that Asad Umar is to be inducted in the Federal cabinet as the Minister for Planning and Special Initiatives while Khusro Bakhtiar will be assigned the portfolio of Minister for Petroleum .
In a tweet, she said the notification regarding the change and expansion in the cabinet would be issued soon.
وفاقی کابینہ میں توسیع اور ردوبدل۔اسد عمر منصوبہ بندی اور سپیشل انییشٹو جبکہ خسرو بختیار کو پیٹرولیم کا وفاقی وزیر بنانے کا فیصلہ۔اس ضمن میں جلد نوٹیفیکیشن جاری کردیا جائے گا۔— Firdous Ashiq Awan (@Dr_FirdousPTI) November 18, 2019
It is yet unclear what portfolio Ghulam Sarwar Khan, the current minister for petroleum and natural resources, will be assigned.
PTI stalwart Asad Umar had stepped down as the finance minister in April this year.
At the time, Umar had announced that he had obtained Prime Minister Imran Khan's consent "to not take any cabinet position".
- Infinix grand reward for its customers to celebrate Blessed Week10:26 AM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019