Asad Umar to replace Khusro Bakhtiar as Minister for Planning, Special Initiatives
ISLAMABAD – Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Information and Broadcasting Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan Monday announced that Asad Umar is to be inducted in the Federal cabinet as the Minister for Planning and Special Initiatives while Khusro Bakhtiar will be assigned the portfolio of Minister for Petroleum.
In a tweet, she said the notification regarding the change and expansion in the cabinet would be issued soon.
وفاقی کابینہ میں توسیع اور ردوبدل۔اسد عمر منصوبہ بندی اور سپیشل انییشٹو جبکہ خسرو بختیار کو پیٹرولیم کا وفاقی وزیر بنانے کا فیصلہ۔اس ضمن میں جلد نوٹیفیکیشن جاری کردیا جائے گا۔— Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan (@Dr_FirdousPTI) November 18, 2019
It is yet unclear what portfolio Ghulam Sarwar Khan, the current minister for petroleum and natural resources, will be assigned.
PTI stalwart Asad Umar had stepped down as the finance minister in April this year.
At the time, Umar had announced that he had obtained Prime Minister Imran Khan's consent "to not take any cabinet position".
- PM Imran facing life threats, reveals information minister07:09 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Afghan team reaches Pakistan to probe alleged abduction of Afghan ...06:36 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan soldier martyred in Waziristan terror attack05:46 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari shares his two cents regarding Sadaf Kanwal's item ...04:34 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty releases detailed statement after husband Raj Kundra's ...04:08 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021