Justin Bieber sued for sharing photo of himself clicked by photographer
Justin Bieber is in legal trouble for posting a photo of himself on Instagram.
According to court documents obtained by E! News, photographer Robert Barbera has lodged a lawsuit against the Canadian singer for copyright infringement over an image of his that Bieber posted in March.
According to court filings, “Barbera is the author of the Photograph and has at all times been the sole owner of all right, title and interest in and to the Photograph, including the copyright thereto.”
Bieber posted the photo in question, below, on his Instagram on March 13. It shows him in a car with his friend Rich Wilkerson and with the caption, “Me and my guy.” The photo was given no photography credits.
A senior associate at EIP, Carissa Kendall-Windless, states that re-posting other people’s photographs on Instagram Stories can be complex.
“Instagram is different from the magazine, suggested that Lopez’s photo was posted on a story, which only lasts 24 hours, it becomes harder to calculate how much ‘damage’ the plaintiff is entitled to. Arguably, the author would still have been able to sell the photograph to publishing houses in full resolution and with a degree of permanency.”
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- FIA arrested 60-year-old woman for deceiving men on Facebook using ...01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- EU to challenge China-US trade agreement at WTO12:02 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Kashmir issue is not an internal affair of India, says FM Quresh11:24 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Two killed in Gujranwala van, rickshaw collision09:58 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan condemns Indian CDS remarks about Kashmiri children09:17 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ariana Grande being sued for copyright over hit single '7 Rings' by ...03:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019