Justin Bieber sued for sharing photo of himself clicked by photographer
Justin Bieber is in legal trouble for posting a photo of himself on Instagram.
According to court documents obtained by E! News, photographer Robert Barbera has lodged a lawsuit against the Canadian singer for copyright infringement over an image of his that Bieber posted in March.
According to court filings, “Barbera is the author of the Photograph and has at all times been the sole owner of all right, title and interest in and to the Photograph, including the copyright thereto.”
Bieber posted the photo in question, below, on his Instagram on March 13. It shows him in a car with his friend Rich Wilkerson and with the caption, “Me and my guy.” The photo was given no photography credits.
A senior associate at EIP, Carissa Kendall-Windless, states that re-posting other people’s photographs on Instagram Stories can be complex.
“Instagram is different from the magazine, suggested that Lopez’s photo was posted on a story, which only lasts 24 hours, it becomes harder to calculate how much ‘damage’ the plaintiff is entitled to. Arguably, the author would still have been able to sell the photograph to publishing houses in full resolution and with a degree of permanency.”
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Railways appoints first female Station Manager12:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Beirut blast: Death toll reaches 135, over 5,000 wounded in deadly ...10:22 AM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Huge fire breaks out in UAE's Ajman market09:28 AM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Disney's Mulan set for a digital release on September 405:18 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Shehzad Roy’s co-worker Wasu Khan in serious need of financial ...04:45 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020