Income tax non-filers allowed to purchase new vehicles and property
ISLAMABAD – Finance Minister Asad Umar presented the supplementary Finance Bill in the National Assembly on Tuesday, painting a bleak picture of the cash-strapped economy.
Asad Umar has eliminated the previous regulation on non-filers and proposed a new amendment.
According to the new proposed finance bill, Income tax non-filers will be allowed to purchase any local or imported vehicle.
A duty of 20 percent will be placed on cars above engine displacement of 1800cc, he added.
Moreover, non-filers can also purchase the property regardless of its worth.
In May, the former Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PMLN) led government had approved the ban on the purchase of vehicles and property for non-filers.
Budget 2018: Non-filers will not be able to ... 07:18 PM | 1 May, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The federal government, led by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), in its sixth and final budget ...
Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) on Friday had also added a new section 227C to the Income Tax Ordinance through Finance Act, 2018 to increase the number of filers.
FBR bans buying and registration of local and ... 02:32 PM | 17 Sep, 2018
ISLAMABAD – Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has imposed a ban on the purchase of four-wheel vehicles, regardless of ...
The lawmakers would initiate a debate on the bill from 24th, following which the bill would be approved or amended.
After the approval of finance bill, FBR will implement the new scheme of tax regulation.
- 285 stranded Pakistanis return home in two special flights04:42 PM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020