China awards 140 higher education scholarships to Pakistani students
ISLAMABAD - The Chinese government has awarded 140 scholarships to Pakistani students providing them with an opportunity to obtain higher education, from undergraduate to postgraduate studies, from top Chinese universities.
In a ceremony held in Islamabad at the Chinese Embassy, the admission letters for availing the scholarships were handed over to the students.
The students were given scholarships on the recommendations of the Ministry of Inter-provincial Coordination (IPC) and Higher Education Commission (HEC).
The event was attended by Chinese Ambassador Yao Jing, Deputy Chief of Mission Lijian Zhao, HEC executive director and representative of the ministry of inter-provincial coordination.
The students will get an education at various Chinese universities in different fields including computer science and technology, business administration, finance, physical chemistry, architecture, civil engineering, broadcasting communication, international law, journalism and others, covering bachelor and masters programmes, PhD and advanced training programmes.
The ambassador, while congratulating the winners for the scholarships for 2018/2019 academic year, hoped that they would act as goodwill ambassadors of their country while studying in China. They should serve as a bridge to further strengthen the brotherly relationship, he said.
The Chinese government scholarship programme is a government to government undertaking aimed at benefiting all the regions and the students of Pakistan. The students are from all over Pakistan like Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Lahore, Karachi, Quetta and Peshawar, but also from other cities and towns were selected.
Deputy Chief of Mission Lijian Zhao, on this occasion, thanked the ministry of IPC and HEC for cooperation. He congratulated the selected students and said, “You are the lucky people who have been selected for studying in China.”
He further said that Holy Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be upon Him) had said, “Seek knowledge even if you have to go as far as China. You are lucky as you are following the saying of Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).”
He further said that the government of China is offering a large number of scholarships to Pakistani students as compared to other countries in the region.
He said total scholarships offered to Pakistani students this year had reached to 7,000.
HEC Executive Director Arshad Ali and representative of the IPC congratulated the students and urged them to present the true image of the country.
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- 'I was raped by Rehman Mailk,' alleges US blogger Cynthia D Ritchie ...07:54 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan Navy to make all out efforts for environment, marine life ...06:58 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Govt doctor allegedly rapes woman at Governor House in Lahore06:56 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020