Property confiscation: IHC stays accountability court order against Dar's guarantor
The court issued order while took up the plea filed by the guarantor Ahmad Ali Qadoosi, a day after an investigation officer provided details of his movable properties to the trial court.
Meanwhile, Dar has also filed a petition with the high court challenging the non-bailable warrants and an order regarding his proclamation issued by the accountability court. The court had issued the warrants on Nov 21.
The IHC will hear petitions of the former finance minister on December 20 (Wednesday).
On Dec 14, the accountability court, hearing a graft reference against Dar regarding possessing assets beyond means, ordered the NAB to attach properties of guarantor of former finance minister as he failed to produce him before the court in a corruption case.
On Dec 11, the accountability court declared former finance minister Ishaq Dar a proclaimed offender in a corruption case regarding possession of assets beyond means.
Judge Mohammad Bashir had announced the decision after the former finance minister did not attend the court hearings continuously as he is in London for medical treatment. He has skipped the last six hearings of the case.
On September 27, the former finance minister had been indicted for possessing assets beyond his known sources of income.
Dar had rejected the allegations levelled by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in its reference prepared following the orders of the Supreme Court in its July 28 verdict in Panamagate case.
According to the NAB reference, the accused had acquired assets and pecuniary interests/resources in his name or in the name of his dependents of an approximate amount of Rs831.678 million as per the investigation conducted so far.
The assets are disproportionate to his known sources of income for which he could not reasonably account for, the reference said.
- Kangana Ranaut posts a cryptic note after testing negative for ...07:31 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistan to send aid to Palestine facing medical emergency amid ...07:07 PM | 18 May, 2021
- UAE ready to host remaining matches of PSL 2021 in Abu Dhabi06:01 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Sakina Abbas becomes first Pakistani woman Google Developers Expert ...04:22 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas's recent statement leaves the internet divided02:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021