Pakistan delegation calls on Vice President of Indonesia
The Honourable Vice President highlighted the strengths of relations between Indonesia and Pakistan and the role the two countries can play in addressing challenges faced by the Muslim Countries.
Earlier during the day, in a briefing session, Dr Ali Wibisono, Faculty of the University of Indonesia, discussed the state of civil military reforms in Indonesia from 1998 to-date. Mr Meidyatama (Demas), President of the Antara News Agency, shared Indonesian media's perspective on the state of civil military relations and democratic consolidation in Indonesia.
The delegation also visited the Habibie Centre, a leading think tank that works on democracy and human rights in Indonesia, where it received a briefing on the state of democracy in Indonesia.
The eight-member Pakistani delegation led by Senator Mushahid Hussain Sayed, Chairperson, Senate Standing Committee on Defence is in Indonesia to study democratic consolidation in Indonesia.
The delegation, members includes Syed Naveed Qamar, MNA Chairperson, National Assembly Standing Committee on Railways, PPPP; Senator Muhammad Javed Abbasi, Chairperson, Senate Standing Committee on Law and Justice; Oversight Committee on Eradication of Corruption from Federal Government Departments, PML-N; Senator Lt. Gen. (Retd.) Abdul Qayyum, Chairperson, Senate Standing Committee on Defence Production Convener, Pakistan-France Parliamentary Friendship Group, PML-N; Lt. Gen. (Retd.) Moinuddin Haider, Former Federal Minister for Interior; Former Governor Sindh Province; Syed Ali Zafar, Senior Advocate Supreme Court of Pakistan; Former President Supreme Court Bar Association; Ms. Aasiya Riaz, Joint Director PILDAT and Ms. Amna Kausar, Projects Manager PILDAT.
- Malala joins campaign for freedom of oppressed Afghan women11:31 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Osman Khalid Butt explains why he attended LSA 2022 despite Feroze ...11:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Pakistan win seven gold, 11 silver medals at South Asian Karate ...10:11 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- PIA to operate third direct flight to China from December09:41 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Katrina Kaif falls prey to 'Mera Dil Yeh Pukare Aaja' virus07:12 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Celebrities attend Maryam Rashdi's birthday party07:59 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022