Captain Isfand Yar laid to rest in Attock amid tears
The martyr shrouded in Pakistani flag was also presented guard of honor on the occasion.
Hundred of locals and high level dignitaries attended the funeral prayers in Attock.
Earlier the funeral prayers were delayed as Captain Isfand Yar Bukhari's family waited for the arrival of their eldest son from the UK.
“I am so proud that my son embraced martyrdom,” stated the father Isfand Yar Bukhari.
“I thank Allah for choosing my son for this sacrifice,” Fayyaz Hussain Bukhari told the media.
“He wanted to wear the uniform and I surrendered my wish to see him a doctor. The army is supreme, which made him change his career path,” the proud father said.
Mr Bukhari said his son was a champion who was never defeated in any field. “His mother used to call him a sword striking enemies of the motherland.”
- Authorities remove animals from Afridi's house over neighbour's ...12:56 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran fields Abdul Qayyum Niazi as party candidate for Azad ...12:16 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- 'Mystical Shayari' duo booked for ‘obscene’ photoshoot in front ...11:50 AM | 4 Aug, 2021
- ‘Pakistan has other options as Biden continues to ignore Pakistani ...11:13 AM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Saudi woman uses water bottle caps to set new Guinness World Record11:44 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Danyal Zafar drops hint about getting married soon10:06 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- What made Sara Ali Khan apologise to her parents?06:24 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021