Captain Isfand Yar laid to rest in Attock amid tears
The martyr shrouded in Pakistani flag was also presented guard of honor on the occasion.
Hundred of locals and high level dignitaries attended the funeral prayers in Attock.
Earlier the funeral prayers were delayed as Captain Isfand Yar Bukhari's family waited for the arrival of their eldest son from the UK.
“I am so proud that my son embraced martyrdom,” stated the father Isfand Yar Bukhari.
“I thank Allah for choosing my son for this sacrifice,” Fayyaz Hussain Bukhari told the media.
“He wanted to wear the uniform and I surrendered my wish to see him a doctor. The army is supreme, which made him change his career path,” the proud father said.
Mr Bukhari said his son was a champion who was never defeated in any field. “His mother used to call him a sword striking enemies of the motherland.”
- PSL 2021 – Multan Sultans take on Peshawar Zalmi tonight06:38 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Islamabad United win the toss and elect to bat first ...05:56 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Hira Mani opens up about supporting Asim Azhar during recent ...05:40 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 10 killed in rain-related incidents across Pakistan05:09 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Fawad Ch accuses Bilawal Bhutto, Murad Ali Shah of stealing Sindh’s ...04:38 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic leaves fans stunned with sizzling beach ...03:37 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Tiger Shroff’s mother Ayesha wishes Disha Patani on her birthday12:49 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- #BoycottKareenaKhan trends on social media over Sita character12:17 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021