NAB summons Ishaq Dar again August 22
LAHORE - The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Sunday issued a second notice to Finance Minister Ishaq Dar asking him to appear before the investigation team on August 22 to join inquiry regarding his assets and funds, Dawn News reported.
After launching an investigation following the orders of the Supreme Court passed on July 28 while announcing Panama case verdict, the NAB had earlier summoned Ishaq Dar on August 18 to investigate his assets, which the Panamagate JIT termed beyond his known sources of income in its report, but he did not appear.
The NAB authorities had also summoned the Sharif family to join the investigation regarding Al-Azizia Steel Mills on August 18, but they denied appearing until review petition against Panamagate verdict filed with the apex court is decided.
‘Supreme Court Orders’
On July 28, Supreme Court of Pakistan declaring the Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif disqualified on Friday had ordered National Accountability Bureau to file references against the members of Sharif family and decide it within six weeks.
The 5-o verdict had been announced by a five-judge bench, headed by Justice Asif Saeed Khosa – the same judge who had commenced his dissenting note in the April 20 judgment with a quote from Mario Puzo’s novel The Godfather and declared Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif ‘disqualified’ for being dishonest to the nation.
The court ordered the NAB to file references against Nawaz Sharif, Maryam Nawaz, Hussain Nawaz, Hassan Nawaz, Captain (r) Safdar and Finance Minister Ishaq Dar within two weeks.
The court also disqualified Finance Minister Ishaq Dar and Captain (r) Safdar from office in the landmark decision. The larger bench also directed the NAB to decide the cases within six months.
The JIT, in its report, had said that the finance minister held assets and funds beyond known sources of income.
- What Nawaz Sharif's doing in his latest picture from London07:37 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PIA directed to control fares after overcharging complaints07:13 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PTI MNA tests positive for coronavirus as health crisis deepens in ...06:35 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Huawei Nova 7i – The hottest selling secret weapon of mobile gamers06:05 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sri Lanka to reopen for tourism in August, with strict coronavirus ...05:27 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities who never endorsed fairness products01:50 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020