Indian woman gets divorce from husband for not building toilet at home
The woman, in her 20s, "contended that her husband was cruel to her, there was no separate room for the couple in the house and no toilet," Indian media reported.
Announcing the decision in favour of the petitioner, family court judge Rajendra Kumar Sharma said that toilet at home was among the necessities of the family, besides terming defecation in the open "disgraceful for society and torture to woman."
Rajesh Sharma, the counsel for the applicant, said that the woman got married in 2011 and submitted a plea for getting divorce in 2015.
The couple had no children and the husband was working as a labourer.
The court further observed that women in villages have to bear physical pain as they have to wait for nightfall to go out to defecate in the open.
- Punjab forms committee for peace talks with TLP10:02 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Sri Lanka beat Netherlands by eight wickets in T20 World Cup 202109:58 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities set the dance floor ablaze at Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira ...03:32 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Burcu Kiratli’s new bold video goes viral01:40 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021