Indian woman gets divorce from husband for not building toilet at home
JAIPUR - A family court in Rajasthan's Bhilwara district has approved a petition filed by a woman seeking divorce from her husband for not providing a separate room and toilet in the house, terming it tantamount to "cruelty" to her.
The woman, in her 20s, "contended that her husband was cruel to her, there was no separate room for the couple in the house and no toilet," Indian media reported.
Announcing the decision in favour of the petitioner, family court judge Rajendra Kumar Sharma said that toilet at home was among the necessities of the family, besides terming defecation in the open "disgraceful for society and torture to woman."
Rajesh Sharma, the counsel for the applicant, said that the woman got married in 2011 and submitted a plea for getting divorce in 2015.
The couple had no children and the husband was working as a labourer.
The court further observed that women in villages have to bear physical pain as they have to wait for nightfall to go out to defecate in the open.
- Conflict between PPP and Cynthia Ritchie intensifies after denial of ...08:22 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PML-N’s Khawaja Salman Rafique contracts coronavirus08:11 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- What Nawaz Sharif's doing in his latest picture from London07:37 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PIA directed to control fares after overcharging complaints07:13 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PTI MNA tests positive for coronavirus as health crisis deepens in ...06:35 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Zaheer Abbas looks like Money Heist‘s 'Professor’, says Mehwish ...02:24 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities who never endorsed fairness products01:50 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020