Are we actors not supposed to be ambassadors for peace: Ayesha Omar
After Mehwish Hayat, the Karachi Se Lahore actor has chipped in her two cents about the social responsibility that celebrities carry as influential people. insensitive to the brutalities going on in Kashmir.
Taking to Twitter, the Bulbulay actor expressed her disappointment in Bollywood celebs and their thoughtless comments as of late, “First #PriyankaChopra‘s dismissive stance and now #SonamKapoor‘s views.”
First #PriyankaChopra ‘s dismissive stance and now #sonamkapoor ‘s views. I’m appalled and disappointed to say the least. Are we actors not supposed to be ambassadors for peace? Where’s the sensitivity, empathy and humanity required to be an actor? Or just for being human?— Ayesha Omar (@ayesha_m_omar) August 18, 2019
The actress further added, “I am appalled and disappointed, to say the least. Are we actors not supposed to be ambassadors for peace? Where is the sensitivity, empathy, and humanity required to be an actor or just for being human?”
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Railways appoints first female Station Manager12:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Beirut blast: Death toll reaches 135, over 5,000 wounded in deadly ...10:22 AM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Huge fire breaks out in UAE's Ajman market09:28 AM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Disney's Mulan set for a digital release on September 405:18 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Shehzad Roy’s co-worker Wasu Khan in serious need of financial ...04:45 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020