PM Imran Khan assures journalists of clearing media dues
“Our government is committed to the freedom of expression and has full support to the media industry,” the premier said in a meeting with DailyPakistan's Chief Editor Mujeeb-ur-Rehman Shami and TV anchor Kamran Shahid at PM House in Islamabad.
Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Media Affairs Yousaf Baig Mirza and PM's spokesperson Iftikhar Durrani were also present on the occasion.
Khan assured the journalists that any proposal to help the media industry in their ease of doing business would be given serious consideration by the government.
He also directed the Punjab government to allocate funds for the renovation of historical Badshahi Mosque, which is situated in the heart of Lahore.
The Mughal era building is said to be constructed between 1671 and 1673 under the supervision of Fida’i Khan Koka, who was Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb’s brother-in-law and the governor of Lahore.
After only two years of construction, the mosque was opened in 1673. Badshahi Mosque’s splendor is influenced by the Jamia Mosque of Delhi which was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan.
- Dr Nauman barred from hosting show on PTV for insulting Shoaib Akhtar ...10:12 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Top military leadership vows to thwart entire spectrum of threats in ...09:01 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Quddus Bizenjo to be elected Balochistan CM unopposed as PTI’s Rind ...08:28 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2021: Guard Group qualify for main final07:59 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Katrina Kaif denies rumoured wedding to Vicky Kaushal05:45 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Imran Ashraf and Sadia Khan's latest BTS video goes viral05:00 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Momina Mustehsan leaves everyone awestruck with her melodious voice05:20 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021