ECP disqualifies PML-N MPA over fake degree
RAWALPINDI - The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Tuesday revoked the membership of PML-N's Member Punjab Assembly Shaukat Bhatti after finding his degree to be fake.
A five-member bench headed by Chief Election Commissioner Justice (retd) Sardar Raza Khan announced the decision on the case filed by Pakistan Peoples Party's Asad Kiyani.
Bhatti had secured a seat after winning the election in 2013 from PP-4 constituency that falls in Gujar Khan tehsil of Rawalpindi.
According to the rules, the ECP is responsible for holding by-election on a vacant constituency within 60 days of the issuance of a disqualification notification.
- PTI moves IHC against ECP's ruling on prohibited funding case02:10 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani rupee gains Rs2.54 against dollar in interbank market12:37 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- TV anchor Iqrarul Hassan jumps into dispute between Aamir Liaquat’s ...11:50 AM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Sadaf Kanwal, Shahroz Sabzwari welcome their first child09:24 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Mahira Khan mocked as she posts throwback pictures with BFF Feeha ...10:41 AM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022