ECP disqualifies PML-N MPA over fake degree
RAWALPINDI - The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Tuesday revoked the membership of PML-N's Member Punjab Assembly Shaukat Bhatti after finding his degree to be fake.
A five-member bench headed by Chief Election Commissioner Justice (retd) Sardar Raza Khan announced the decision on the case filed by Pakistan Peoples Party's Asad Kiyani.
Bhatti had secured a seat after winning the election in 2013 from PP-4 constituency that falls in Gujar Khan tehsil of Rawalpindi.
According to the rules, the ECP is responsible for holding by-election on a vacant constituency within 60 days of the issuance of a disqualification notification.
- Maya Ali silences body-shamers in latest viral video04:02 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Policeman dies, passerby injured in Peshawar grenade attack03:01 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Iffat Omar trolled for wearing revealing dress01:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021