ECP disqualifies PML-N MPA over fake degree
RAWALPINDI - The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Tuesday revoked the membership of PML-N's Member Punjab Assembly Shaukat Bhatti after finding his degree to be fake.
A five-member bench headed by Chief Election Commissioner Justice (retd) Sardar Raza Khan announced the decision on the case filed by Pakistan Peoples Party's Asad Kiyani.
Bhatti had secured a seat after winning the election in 2013 from PP-4 constituency that falls in Gujar Khan tehsil of Rawalpindi.
According to the rules, the ECP is responsible for holding by-election on a vacant constituency within 60 days of the issuance of a disqualification notification.
- No more early closure of markets in Punjab ahead of Eidul Adha10:47 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Bette Nash becomes the oldest and longest-serving flight attendant09:07 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani-American lawyer Khizr Khan to receive top civil award in US08:44 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan's sports superstar Shoaib Akhtar leaves for Hajj06:15 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Noor Zafar Khan reveals her latest celebrity crush07:37 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022