ECP disqualifies PML-N MPA over fake degree
RAWALPINDI - The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Tuesday revoked the membership of PML-N's Member Punjab Assembly Shaukat Bhatti after finding his degree to be fake.
A five-member bench headed by Chief Election Commissioner Justice (retd) Sardar Raza Khan announced the decision on the case filed by Pakistan Peoples Party's Asad Kiyani.
Bhatti had secured a seat after winning the election in 2013 from PP-4 constituency that falls in Gujar Khan tehsil of Rawalpindi.
According to the rules, the ECP is responsible for holding by-election on a vacant constituency within 60 days of the issuance of a disqualification notification.
- EU invites PM Imran for state visit – first for any Pakistani head ...10:30 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:00 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest daily COVID-19 cases since March08:50 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 19 June 202108:27 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- ‘Flying Sikh’ Milkha Singh dies at 91 from Covid-19 complications01:25 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Take a tour of Meesha Shafi's Canadian bungaloft04:36 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021