Sadiq Egerton College student stabs teacher to death for organizing ‘welcome party’
BAHAWALPUR - A student stabbed his teacher to death on Wednesday merely for organising a welcome party which he believed was un-Islamic.
Bahawalpur’s upscale Sadiq Egerton College had organised a welcome party for newly enrolled students, however, the move was disparaged by a student who got into a heated argument with his teacher, Khalid Hameed.
The student identified as Khateeb Hussain lost his temper amid discussion with the teacher and contended that the gathering was against the Islamic teachings.
In a fit of rage, Khateeb, a 5th-semester BS student enrolled in the English department, stabbed the teacher several times following which he was rushed to Bahawal Victoria Hospital.
The teacher, head of the English department, received knife injuries to the head and stomach, breathed his last afterwards.
Police arrested the student and detailed that the event, which Hameed was overseeing, was to be held on March 21 to welcome new students to the college.
#Bhawalpur: Professor killed by his Student. This incident took place in Sadiq Egerton college Bahawalpur where a student killed his professor, khalid Hameed, by knife. Upon investigation, the student told that the professor was going to conduct an annual function which was against the religion as it promotes obscenity and girls dancing. The professor was warned prior to the function but he could not agreed so i killed him.Posted by Whenwherehows on Wednesday, March 20, 2019
In a video confession of the suspect, Khateeb Hussain says that he attacked the English professor because he allegedly "spoke against Islam".
In response to a question, he replied that he assaulted the teacher with a knife in the office where he was sitting.
Unfortunately, the suspect expressed no remorse over his action as after learning that the educationist had died, the suspect expressed satisfaction with his actions.
When he is questioned as to why he did not use a lawful way to lodge his complaints against the academic, he responded that the country's laws were "freeing the blasphemers".
Although a complaint was lodged by the deceased professor's son for the registration of a First Information Report (FIR), police said a case will be formally registered after the postmortem examination.
In a press release, the Punjab Professors and Lecturers Association strongly condemned Hameed's murder and demanded that the district administration bring the perpetrators of the crime to book under anti-terrorism laws within 10 days.
Meanwhile, Pakistan Muslim league Nawaz President, Shehbaz Sharif also condemned the incident.
پروفیسرخالدحمید کےسفاکانہ قتل پراظہارافسوس کے لئے میرے پاس الفاظ نہیں ہیں۔محض اختلاف کی بنیاد پر طالبعلم کے ہاتھوں ایک استاد کا قتل پوری قوم کے لئے لمحہ فکریہ ہے۔ہمیں ایک لمحے کے لئے سوچنا چاہئے کہ ہم میں سے ہر ایک انتہا پسند رویوں کا راستہ روکنے کے لئے کیا کردار ادا کر سکتا ہے pic.twitter.com/B5ZpHDeJRc— Shehbaz Sharif (@CMShehbaz) March 20, 2019
'I am out of words to express my sorrow over the brutal murder of Professor Khalid Hameed,' the politician stated on Twitter.
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019