Universal Children's Day today
ISLAMABAD (Online) - The Universal Children's Day is being observed today (Friday) to create awareness on children rights and ensure conducive environment focusing on their welfare.
Pakistan has taken many steps to ensure protection of child rights and celebrating the day shows our commitment to all international obligations.
According to United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF), every year millions of children around the world become victims of untold violence.
Children in every country, every culture and at every social level face various forms of abuse, neglect, exploitation and violence. The abuse takes place at home, in school, in institutions, at work, in the community, in armed conflict and natural disasters.
Much violence against children, such as corporal punishment and sexual abuse, remains legal and socially approved in many countries.
The violence children face takes many forms, such as exploitation and abuse, trafficking, physical and humiliating punishment, harmful traditional practices and recruitment into armed forces and groups.
Growing up with violence and abuse seriously affects a child's development, dignity, and physical and psychological integrity.
Free puppet show
Pakistan National Council of the Arts has arranged a free puppet show for children on 21 November Saturday in connection with the International Children's Day.
According to press statement issued on Friday, the puppet show will be arranged at 04:00pm at Gallery No.12, PNCA, F-5/1, Islamabad.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019