Muharram 9 processions being taken out across Pakistan amid tight security
In Karachi, the main procession was taken out from Nishtar Park and it will culminate at Hussainiya Irania Imambargah.
Police, Rangers, ladies and gents scouts, and officials of the bomb disposal squad have been deployed to protect the route of the mourning procession.
The mobile phone services will remain suspended in the parts of the Sindh, including Hyderabad, Sukkur, until the processions culminated successfully. The provincial government has already imposed a ban on pillion riding.
In order to ensure smooth flow of traffic on the roads of Karachi, traffic police have issued an alternate route plan for the public.
In Lahore, the procession begins from Pando Street to honour the martyrs of Karbla. Strict security measures are in place to prevent any untoward situation. The mobile phone services will shut down in areas close to the processions routes.
Pillion riding banned in Islamabad for two months ... 12:02 PM | 10 Sep, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The capital territory administration has imposed a two-month ban on pillion riding, taking security ...
The processions are also being taken out from Quetta, Rawalpindi and Peshawar. The main procession in Islamabad started from Asna Ashri Bargah.
- 28 Pakistani prisoners repatriated from Saudi Arabia06:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- 'Cannot spend nights with Ziaullah Bangash!' Kohat woman accuses PTI ...06:17 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- UAE allows residents stranded in six countries including Pakistan to ...05:31 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Nora Fatehi stuns fans with alluring dance moves on ‘Disco ...05:04 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan jolts the internet with killer dance moves in saree ...04:09 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021