Court cross-examines Ali Zafar in defamation suit filed by Meesha Shafi
He stated that all allegations levelled against him were baseless as he never harassed Meesha, in response to questions put by the defence counsel. He said the allegations were made for monetary benefits and to gain popularity.
The court expressed serious annoyance over interference by Zafar’s counsel in the proceedings. The court was then adjourned till September 20. It was also directed to the defence counsel to continue cross-examination in the next hearing.
Zafar had filed Rs1 billion defamation case under the Defamation Ordinance 2002, after being accused of harassment. He has denied all sexual harassment allegations against him in a statement.
In April 2018, Shafi accused Zafar of harassing her on more than once. The court also conducted proceedings on an Rs2 billion damages suit, filed by Shafi against the actor for making false allegations against her on the media. Zafar was given a copy of the suit on the directions of the court.
Stay tuned for more news and updates to Daily Pakistan Global.
- Saudi Arabia decides to allow Umrah from Oct 412:17 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Maryam Nawaz appears before IHC in Avenfield reference today11:44 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran lauds Turkish President for raising his voice in support of ...11:14 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Middle schools reopen in Federal Capital, Punjab, KP & Balochistan ...10:45 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- ECC meeting to discuss economic situation today09:12 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Alizeh Shah looks unrecognisable in her new purple hair05:25 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Madam Noor Jehan's house should be turned into a museum: Shaan Shahid02:07 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020