Court cross-examines Ali Zafar in defamation suit filed by Meesha Shafi
LAHORE - A sessions court cross-examined singer Ali Zafar in a defamation suit filed by the actor against fellow celebrity Meesha Shafi in Lahore on Thursday (yesterday). Additional District and Sessions Judge Amjad Ali Shah adjourned hearing till September 20.
He stated that all allegations levelled against him were baseless as he never harassed Meesha, in response to questions put by the defence counsel. He said the allegations were made for monetary benefits and to gain popularity.
The court expressed serious annoyance over interference by Zafar’s counsel in the proceedings. The court was then adjourned till September 20. It was also directed to the defence counsel to continue cross-examination in the next hearing.
Meesha Shafi files Rs20m lawsuit against Ali Zafar 12:26 PM | 18 Sep, 2019
LAHORE - Pakistani singer Meesha Shafi has filed a two billion rupees damages suit against Ali Zafar, claiming that ...
Zafar had filed Rs1 billion defamation case under the Defamation Ordinance 2002, after being accused of harassment. He has denied all sexual harassment allegations against him in a statement.
In April 2018, Shafi accused Zafar of harassing her on more than once. The court also conducted proceedings on an Rs2 billion damages suit, filed by Shafi against the actor for making false allegations against her on the media. Zafar was given a copy of the suit on the directions of the court.
Stay tuned for more news and updates to Daily Pakistan Global.
- PM Imran directs harnessing tourism potential to create business, job ...08:29 AM | 25 Feb, 2020
- American company to set up first ever manufacturing unit of ...12:24 AM | 25 Feb, 2020
- US relations with Pakistan 'very good one': Trump tells rally in India10:39 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Operation Swift Retort: PAF releases new song in connection with ...10:18 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Jake Paul deletes Tweet about Zayn Malik after getting dissed by ...08:03 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- ‘Friends’ cast to reunite for exclusive HBO max special07:43 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- On Sridevi's 2nd death anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor shares throwback ...02:28 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Local authorities close Venice Carnival early on virus fears: report12:52 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019