Nawaz, Maryam put on ECL after Imran Khan's cabinet gives approval
The names of the father-daughter duo have been put on the Exit Control List (ECL) on the request of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB).
The federal cabinet also directed the law and interior ministries to implement red warrants against Nawaz’ sons, Hassan and Hussain, and former finance minister Ishaq Dar and bring them back to Pakistan, said Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry in a presser after assuming the office.
The law ministry has also been directed to contact the British government over the Avenfield properties, he added.
Nawaz and Maryam is currently serving their term at Adiala Jail in Rawalpindi, along with Maryam’s husband Captain (r) Safdar who was sentenced to a year in prison.
- Pakistan’s mediation between Iran, Saudi Arabia making progress: PM ...01:51 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesham Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose ...01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- COAS Bajwa interacts with senior serving, retired military officers ...12:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- From Acting to ‘Action!’: Saba Qamar to make directorial debut ...05:32 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020