Modi touches woman’s feet who sold her goats to build toilets
Modi felicitated Kunwar Bai from Kotabharri village of Dhamtari for her efforts to make her village open defecation free, during the launch of 'Rurban Mission' at Kurrubhat village in the state's Naxal-hit Rajandgaon district on Sunday. Narendra Modi said it is a big sign of changing India.
"An elderly woman of 104 years who stays in a remote village, does not watch TV or read papers, but the message of building toilets under clean India mission somehow reached her. She sold off her goats to build toilet at home and also encouraged others from the village to build," Modi said.
According to Time of Indai, Kunwar Bai had sold-off her 8-10 goats to build two toilets at her home.
- WATCH: PMLN’s Uzma Bukhari slaps man who misbehaved with her at PDM ...12:56 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- 'Professor' Mohammad Hafeez turns 4112:06 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup rolls into action today as Oman face Papua New Guinea ...10:53 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Four children among seven die in house fire in Muzaffargarh10:28 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Malala all praise for Adele on new single's release05:52 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Zarnish Khan wants trolls to stop mocking Meera's English09:26 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Momal Sheikh leaves fans awestruck with latest pictures03:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021
- Celebrities who are gifted athletes05:57 PM | 5 Sep, 2021