ECP removes Nawaz Sharif's name as party president
According to the ECP, the name was removed under orders from the Supreme Court.
The electoral body added that Nawaz's name shall be deemed to have been removed as party president from its election record from July 28, 2017.
Supreme Court verdict on Nawaz Sharif's ... 10:26 PM | 21 Feb, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court on Wednesday ruled that ousted prime minister Nawaz Sharif is ineligible to head his own ...
Earlier today, the Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Mian Saqib Nisar concluded the hearing of several petitions against the recently-passed Elections Act 2017.
During today's hearing, the Chief Justice remarked that the country's leadership is respectable, adding that the media misreported the court's remarks.
Chief Justice Nisar also observed that there is no reason for the apex court to use words like "thief", adding that the fallout of the issue is unacceptable.
Election Act 2017 case: Supreme Court ... 05:56 PM | 21 Feb, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar on Wednesday ruled that ousted prime minister Nawaz Sharif ...
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:29 AM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan reports 58 new deaths, 2,357 fresh Covid cases in 24 hours09:08 AM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 23 September 202108:43 AM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Results 2021: FBISE decides not to fail any student of Class 10, 1211:45 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Play cricket aggressively, PM Imran advises Pakistan team ahead of ...10:55 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Aamina Sheikh and husband Omar Farooqui welcome a baby boy06:20 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Hania Amir and Ali Rehman Khan's video of jamming together wins hearts05:00 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Is Sarah Khan expecting a baby girl?04:47 PM | 22 Sep, 2021