5 Pakistani prisoners reach home after spending years in Saudi jails
The Saudi crown prince had ordered to immediately release about 2,107 Pakistani prisoners detained in Saudi jails, after a request by Prime Minister Imran Khan.
The freed Pakistani prisoners reached Pakistan from Jeddah to Lahore bound Saudi Airline flight.
Saudi Prince Salman orders release of 2,107 ... 12:58 PM | 18 Feb, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Saudi Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman on Monday ordered the release of 2,107 Pakistani prisoners in Saudi ...
The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) allowed the men to go to their homes after a brief investigation.
The released Pakistani men burst into tears with joy after they landed at the airport. They said they went through quite hard times as they couldn’t earn a single penny for their families for the last two years.
The freedmen also thanked and raised slogans in favour of Prime Minister Imran Khan and Saudi Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salmaan for taking the initiative, adding to this they hoped that other Pakistani prisoners in the Saudi jails would land in Pakistan in a day or so after having their travelling documents.
Earlier, Saudi Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman ordered the release of 2,107 Pakistani prisoners in Saudi Arabia with immediate effect.
Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi had shared that the Saudi crown prince, who was on a two-day visit to Pakistan, ordered the release of Pakistani prisoners on Prime Minister Imran Khan’s request.
HRH Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman has graciously agreed to free 2107 Pakistani prisoners in Saudi Arabia with immediate effect. Cases of the remaining will be reviewed. People of Pakistan thank HRH for responding immediately to Prime Minister Imran Khan's request.— Shah Mahmood Qureshi (@SMQureshiPTI) February 18, 2019
PM Imran had raised the issue of Pakistani prisoners languishing in Saudi jails during his meeting with the crown prince.
Prime Minister Khan also took the Twitter and said, “Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman won the hearts of the people of Pakistan when he said ‘consider me Pakistan’s ambassador to Saudi Arabia’ in response to me asking him to treat the 2.5 million Pakistani’s working in KSA as his own”.
- Sajid Sadpara to scale K2 in search of Ali Sadpara's body10:30 AM | 25 Jun, 2021
- Multan Sultans beat Peshawar Zalmi to win PSL 2021 title02:48 AM | 25 Jun, 2021
- Deepika Padukone's comment on husband's post winning hearts11:54 PM | 24 Jun, 2021
- Hira Mani gives a sneak peek into her US trip06:17 PM | 24 Jun, 2021
- Britney Spears calls for end to 'abusive' conservatorship04:26 PM | 24 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan seeks explanation from HBO management for censoring PM ...11:02 AM | 23 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021