Asma Rani murder case: Mujhahidullah Afridi sent to jail on 14-day judicial remand
The suspect appeared before the court during the hearing. In his statement, Afridi maintained that he did not murder the medical student.
On March 9, Afridi was arrested in Dubai with help of Interpol, over two months after the murder in Kohat.
A third-year student at Kohat medical college, Asma Rani was murdered on January 28 as she returned to her residence after class.
The primary suspect Afridi was wanted in the case after he fled the country. However, Pakistani authorities sought Interpol’s assistance to nab the suspect.
A statement of the slain girl was recorded by police in the hospital before she succumbed to her wounds. The victim had asserted that her killer was Mujahidullah, nephew of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s (PTI) Kohat president Aftab Alam.
- ‘Tragic Mistake’ – US acknowledges Kabul drone strike ...09:58 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:34 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest number of daily COVID cases in two months as ...09:08 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 18 September 202108:42 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Taliban replace Afghanistan women's ministry with vice department12:43 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021