Sri Lankan president to attend Pakistan Day parade as chief guest
The federal government has made elaborate arrangements to welcome President Sirisena, who will be visiting the South Asian country on a three-day state visit. He will witness the National Day military parade, air display and pageant at Shakarparian Parade Ground.
The Sri Lankan leader will also hold talk with his Pakistani counterpart and Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi and other officials during the visit.
This is the first time a Sri Lankan leader received such an invitation to be the chief guest on the national day of Pakistan and it reflects the strength of bilateral friendship and ties, the Sri Lankan president's media division said in a release.
A number of memorandum of understanding (MoU) and agreements of cooperation would be signed between the two countries.
They include the memorandums on Youth Development between Sri Lanka and Pakistan; Between the Bandaranaike International Diplomatic Training Institute of Sri Lanka and the Foreign Service Academy of Pakistan; Between the Institute of National Security Studies of Sri Lanka and the Institute of Strategic Studies Islamabad and; Between the Sri Lanka Institute of Development Administration and National School of Public Policy, Pakistan.
- Britain puts army on standby as fuel supply crisis deepens amid panic ...11:37 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Security forces kill 10 terrorists including four commanders in ...10:49 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Taliban warn US, others against ‘encroaching on Afghan airspace’10:26 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Imran’s cabinet announces major decision about moon sighting ...09:48 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Young doctor shot dead by robbers upon resistance in Lahore’s ...09:05 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- American superstar R. Kelly found guilty in sex trafficking trial04:59 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Famous YouTubers Shomaila and Hassam part ways04:09 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Watch - Ali Zafar shares BTS fun video from ‘Larsha Pekhawar’ ...03:00 PM | 28 Sep, 2021