PFP demands reunion of divided Kashmiris
In a statement issued here on Tuesday, Press for Peace (PFP) has appreciated divided Kashmiri families for sharing their experiences of partition on social media.
It appreciated Ms Romi Sharma Poonchi and other activists who highlighted tragic stories of migrated people from different parts of separated State.
PFP said that governments of both parts of Jammu and Kashmir should consider human aspirations of people who migrated from Poonch, Bagh and Muzaffarabad to Jammu or migrated from Karnah, Uri and Poonch to various cities in Pakistan administrated Kashmir.
The statement mentioned that Prime Minister Farooq Haider who himself belongs to a migrated family should support migrated people to visit their places of origin in Azad Kashmir (POK).
Partition was a tragic incident of history and peace-loving people on both sides of LOC should work together to heal the wounds of divided people.
It asked authorities to facilitate pilgrims to visit the historical and religious place of Sharda in Neelum Valley in Pakistan administrated Kashmir.-PR
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 13 June 202108:36 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Iranian-American arrested for entering Pakistan on fake documents05:13 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 7 inspirational small business ideas by young entrepreneur Faizan ...10:47 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- NAB arrests Khursheed Shah’s son in asset beyond means case (VIDEO)10:31 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sonali Bendre proudly shares transformation on Cancer Survivors’ Day05:51 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021