PFP demands reunion of divided Kashmiris
In a statement issued here on Tuesday, Press for Peace (PFP) has appreciated divided Kashmiri families for sharing their experiences of partition on social media.
It appreciated Ms Romi Sharma Poonchi and other activists who highlighted tragic stories of migrated people from different parts of separated State.
PFP said that governments of both parts of Jammu and Kashmir should consider human aspirations of people who migrated from Poonch, Bagh and Muzaffarabad to Jammu or migrated from Karnah, Uri and Poonch to various cities in Pakistan administrated Kashmir.
The statement mentioned that Prime Minister Farooq Haider who himself belongs to a migrated family should support migrated people to visit their places of origin in Azad Kashmir (POK).
Partition was a tragic incident of history and peace-loving people on both sides of LOC should work together to heal the wounds of divided people.
It asked authorities to facilitate pilgrims to visit the historical and religious place of Sharda in Neelum Valley in Pakistan administrated Kashmir.-PR
- Authorities remove animals from Afridi's house over neighbour's ...12:56 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran fields Abdul Qayyum Niazi as party candidate for Azad ...12:16 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- 'Mystical Shayari' duo booked for ‘obscene’ photoshoot in front ...11:50 AM | 4 Aug, 2021
- ‘Pakistan has other options as Biden continues to ignore Pakistani ...11:13 AM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Saudi woman uses water bottle caps to set new Guinness World Record11:44 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Danyal Zafar drops hint about getting married soon10:06 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- What made Sara Ali Khan apologise to her parents?06:24 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021