Shehbaz Sharif's production order issued for third time
The production order for Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) president would permit him to attend the upcoming session of the lower house of parliament starting from Friday.
The session has been summoned by the speaker on a requisition moved by the opposition which was signed by 88 members soon after the prorogation of the assembly on Nov 9.
The opposition has submitted a five-point agenda including discussion on 'use of National Accountability Bureau (NAB) as a tool for political coercion' with the notice for discussion during the session which is expected to be a boisterous one.
Moreover, government’s 100-day performance, the economic situation in the country, especially the alarming price hikes and inflation, the progress of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor and law and order situation in the country are also part of the agenda.
NAB arrests Shehbaz Sharif over Ashiana Housing ... 03:56 PM | 5 Oct, 2018
LAHORE - The National Accountability Bureau on Friday arrested Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) president and ...
In his earlier speeches on the floor of the house, the younger Sharif had lashed out at NAB, alleging that there was an unholy alliance between the anti-graft body and the ruling Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI).
He also expressed concerns over a meeting of Prime Minister Imran Khan with NAB Chief Justice (retd) Javed Iqbal.
Shehbaz Sharif was arrested in the Ashiana-i-Iqbal scam by the National Accountability Bureau on October 5. Mr Sharif had appeared before the anti-graft body in the Saaf Paani company case.
The arrest of former Punjab chief minister followed shocking revelations by ex-principal secretary to PM, Fawad Hasan Fawad, who has become an approver in the cases against Shehbaz Sharif.
Moreover, Salman Shehbaz and Hamza Shehbaz had also been summoned by the accountability watchdog, however, the latter appeared before the bureau and had also sought protective bail from the Lahore High Court.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's death confirmed as ‘suicide’ on first ...07:04 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- National Foods attracts overseas Pakistanis with Brainchild ...06:41 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- FM Qureshi, Russia’s Lavrove emphasise on strong Islamabad-Moscow ...06:36 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes tax cut on 10 businesses06:12 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: PTI-led Punjab govt proposes 10% increase in ...05:34 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021