Shehbaz Sharif's production order issued for third time
ISLAMABAD - National Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser has once again issued a production order for Opposition leader Shahbaz Sharif for a third time.
The production order for Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) president would permit him to attend the upcoming session of the lower house of parliament starting from Friday.
The session has been summoned by the speaker on a requisition moved by the opposition which was signed by 88 members soon after the prorogation of the assembly on Nov 9.
The opposition has submitted a five-point agenda including discussion on 'use of National Accountability Bureau (NAB) as a tool for political coercion' with the notice for discussion during the session which is expected to be a boisterous one.
Moreover, government’s 100-day performance, the economic situation in the country, especially the alarming price hikes and inflation, the progress of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor and law and order situation in the country are also part of the agenda.
NAB arrests Shehbaz Sharif over Ashiana Housing ... 03:56 PM | 5 Oct, 2018
LAHORE - The National Accountability Bureau on Friday arrested Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) president and ...
In his earlier speeches on the floor of the house, the younger Sharif had lashed out at NAB, alleging that there was an unholy alliance between the anti-graft body and the ruling Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI).
He also expressed concerns over a meeting of Prime Minister Imran Khan with NAB Chief Justice (retd) Javed Iqbal.
Shehbaz Sharif was arrested in the Ashiana-i-Iqbal scam by the National Accountability Bureau on October 5. Mr Sharif had appeared before the anti-graft body in the Saaf Paani company case.
The arrest of former Punjab chief minister followed shocking revelations by ex-principal secretary to PM, Fawad Hasan Fawad, who has become an approver in the cases against Shehbaz Sharif.
Moreover, Salman Shehbaz and Hamza Shehbaz had also been summoned by the accountability watchdog, however, the latter appeared before the bureau and had also sought protective bail from the Lahore High Court.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019