PTV attack case: ATC orders arrest of Imran, Qadri by November 17
According to Dawn News, Today’s hearing of the case was presided by ATC judge Kausar Abbas Zaidi who inquired why the police had not been able to submit an implementation report on the court’s arrest orders.
Showing resentment, the judge ordered police to arrest and present Imran Khan, Tahirul Qadri and 68 others by November 17 in court.
As many as 70 were booked after a mob of protesters belonging to the PTI and PAT barged into PTV headquarters and forced its staff to take two of the state broadcaster’s flagship channels PTV News and PTV World off the air on Sept 1, 2014.
Today's hearing comes just weeks before proposed PTI's plan of shutting down federal capital Islamabad in a bid to ramp up pressure on the PML-N government for a probe into the Panama papers truce.
- At least 30 Afghan security personnel killed in suicide car bombing03:18 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Karachi witnesses coldest November in last 10 years02:57 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Austrian village finally changes name from ‘F***king’ to Fugging01:54 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- OGRA recommends increase in petrol, diesel prices for December01:23 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Mother commits suicide along with 3 children in Rawalpindi12:58 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020