IHC dismisses petition seeking Gen Raheel elevation to field marshal
ISLAMABAD - The Islamabad High Court dismissed on Thursday dismissed a petition seeking the status of field marshal for Chief of the Army Staff General Raheel Sharif.
Justice Aamer Farooq of IHC observed that the court lacked jurisdiction to direct the legislature in this regard.
During the hearing, when Justice Farooq asked the petitioner’s counsel Raja Saimul Haq Satti if there was any law under which the federal government might be asked to elevate Gen Raheel to field marshal, he said the federal government might devise a new law for the purpose.
In his order, Justice Farooq said: “No direction can be issued to the legislature to legislate a particular law.”
Related: Gen. Raheel was offered extension and he accepted theoffer, senior journalist claims big
The order declared that the petition was “without merit and dismissed”.
- India plans to set up Nazi-type concentration camps to starve and ...01:33 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha: Sarmad Khoosat writes open letter to Imran Khan ...11:37 AM | 17 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi, US Senator Lindsey Graham discusses Pak-US bilateral ...11:14 AM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Iranian missile attacks on US bases in Iraq left 11 soldiers Injured09:35 AM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan makes a case for leaving your makeup at home while ...04:19 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- Vanessa Hudgens and Austin Butler reportedly split after 9 years ...03:45 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- Jemima Goldsmith shares what it’s like to marry a national hero03:26 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019