Special Security Division formed to guard CPEC projects
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has established a Special Security Division for the security of the multi-billion dollar China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project.
The Ministry of Interior has issued a notification to this effect, Radio Pakistan reported.
The Special Security Division has been assigned the duty of protecting projects under CPEC and Chinese workers working on these projects.
The division will comprise nine army battalions and six civil wings having 13,700 personnel.
According to an official of Planning Division, after requisition from the provinces, deployment order shall be issued by the Ministry of Interior.
It may be mentioned here that China has already expressed satisfaction regarding the security arrangements during the recent sixth Joint Cooperation Committee meeting held in Beijing.
- Pakistani police hunt PM Imran Khan's nephew over PIC attack11:41 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan to chair 63rd session of UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs09:54 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- TCM: Pakistani scientists successfully test first traditional Chinese ...09:22 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan ranked the world's best holiday destination for 202008:56 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran Khan meets Saudi crown prince on day-long visit08:39 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Brad Pitt addresses rumours regarding dating actress Alia Shawkat02:12 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Khuda Aur Mohabbat is coming again with season 301:59 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Tabla legend Ustad Ajmal Khan passes away in Islamabad12:50 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019