Special Security Division formed to guard CPEC projects
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has established a Special Security Division for the security of the multi-billion dollar China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project.
The Ministry of Interior has issued a notification to this effect, Radio Pakistan reported.
The Special Security Division has been assigned the duty of protecting projects under CPEC and Chinese workers working on these projects.
The division will comprise nine army battalions and six civil wings having 13,700 personnel.
According to an official of Planning Division, after requisition from the provinces, deployment order shall be issued by the Ministry of Interior.
It may be mentioned here that China has already expressed satisfaction regarding the security arrangements during the recent sixth Joint Cooperation Committee meeting held in Beijing.
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- No Pakistani residing in China affected by coronavirus, says top envoy06:39 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan students in China demand government to evacuate them at once05:54 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Woman killed, five injured after being hit by US Embassy vehicle05:45 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019