Special Security Division formed to guard CPEC projects
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has established a Special Security Division for the security of the multi-billion dollar China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project.
The Ministry of Interior has issued a notification to this effect, Radio Pakistan reported.
The Special Security Division has been assigned the duty of protecting projects under CPEC and Chinese workers working on these projects.
The division will comprise nine army battalions and six civil wings having 13,700 personnel.
According to an official of Planning Division, after requisition from the provinces, deployment order shall be issued by the Ministry of Interior.
It may be mentioned here that China has already expressed satisfaction regarding the security arrangements during the recent sixth Joint Cooperation Committee meeting held in Beijing.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019