Govt announces decision to clear all imported vehicles on old duty structure
All Pakistan Motors Dealers Association Chairman (APMDA) H.M Shahzad told media that around 7,000 vehicles are stranded on the Karachi port and waiting for clearance, causing some serious issues for the port authorities.
Shahzad mentioned that Younus Dagha, the Commerce Secretary, has assured him that the previously imported cars will be taxed on old duty and taxes rate.
He further added "All Pakistan Motor Dealers Association representatives will be meeting the Commerce Secretary in coming weeks to further discuss the future plans regarding the new import duty as well as the payment structure."
Earlier, importers refused to clear their vehicles on the newly imposed duty structure.
- Two youngsters drown during ‘Tiktok stunt’ in Sheikhupura10:48 AM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Samsung Pakistan held a virtual EPIC event to Launch Galaxy S2110:38 AM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Black Day: Kashmiris observe Indian Republic Day with protests, ...10:10 AM | 26 Jan, 2021
- PAKvSA, 1st Test – Proteas elect to bat against Green Shirts09:45 AM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 1,873 new infections, 58 deaths in 24 hours09:15 AM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Pehli Si Muhabbat crosses 2.2 million views in just one day after ...07:28 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- #Cannoli – Islamabad café rebrands its logo after facing severe ...07:14 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood pours in best wishes for Mrs. and Mr. Varun Dhawan06:50 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021