All NGOs to work under Interior Ministry: Nisar
Talking to newsmen in Islamabad on Monday afternoon, he said the decision has been taken by the Prime Minister in the light of a report prepared by a Committee headed by Special Assistant to the Prime Minister Syed Tariq Fatemi.
The Minister said the registration of NGOs would be now online in a transparent manner.
He said there would be a transparent accountability system detailing sources of funding and objectives of the NGO. The Minister said the Government would encourage NGOs for self-regulatory system.
He said all local and foreign NGOs will have to register or re-register within six months and those not doing so or refused registration will have to leave Pakistan.
He said no NGO would be allowed to work in FATA, Gilgit-Baltistan and other declared security zones.
The Minister said currently there are thousands of NGOs in the country but about forty percent are not registered and there is no database of these organizations.
About Save the Children NGO, the Minister said its project on which there were reservations, was closed last year.
- Facebook partners with Deaf Reach on International Day of Persons ...05:18 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- 1, 2, 3… Firdous Ashiq Awan shows her martial arts skills!04:37 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- NAB presents ‘Corona-positive’ patient in court01:55 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Tecno and M&P celebrate 1 billion sales record01:40 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Airplane disappears in snow cloud seconds after landing (Video)12:52 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Court trashes Mubashir Lucman’s petition against TikTok stars ...12:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Who's this girl Shahveer Jafry 'getting engaged to'?11:55 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020