At least 26 killed in deadly bomb blast in Afghanistan's Lashkar Gah
Provincial governor spokesman Omar Zwak said that more than 50 were injured, including police and army officials, civilians and staff of the New Kabul Bank branch where the blast occurred.
— 1TVNewsAF (@1TVNewsAF) June 22, 2017
The bomb exploded, which upturned the vehicles, at a time when police and army officials were collecting their salaries.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack but insurgent groups, including the Taliban and Islamic State have carried out attacks on banks in the past.
Attacks on Banks
On May 20, five gunmen wearing suicide jackets stormed a bank in southeastern Afghanistan, killing three people and wounding over 30 more.
In 2014, an attack on Kabul Bank claimed ten lives, including five policemen, in Lashkar Gah.
- Pakistan, Tajik FMs exchange views on bilateral ties, Afghanistan in ...05:18 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Serving Indian navy commander, 4 others arrested on espionage charges05:00 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities ecstatic after Pakistan’s victory against New Zealand ...04:36 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan achieve another feat in T20I cricket04:10 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Mohammad Amir, Harbhajan Singh exchange barbs during heated Twitter ...03:36 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal spark marriage rumours01:38 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam celebrates Pakistan's victory with electrifying anthem02:35 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan gets emotional on SRK and Gauri Khan’s 30th wedding ...09:35 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021