At least 26 killed in deadly bomb blast in Afghanistan's Lashkar Gah
Provincial governor spokesman Omar Zwak said that more than 50 were injured, including police and army officials, civilians and staff of the New Kabul Bank branch where the blast occurred.
— 1TVNewsAF (@1TVNewsAF) June 22, 2017
The bomb exploded, which upturned the vehicles, at a time when police and army officials were collecting their salaries.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack but insurgent groups, including the Taliban and Islamic State have carried out attacks on banks in the past.
Attacks on Banks
On May 20, five gunmen wearing suicide jackets stormed a bank in southeastern Afghanistan, killing three people and wounding over 30 more.
In 2014, an attack on Kabul Bank claimed ten lives, including five policemen, in Lashkar Gah.
- Pakistan reports 4,858 new cases, 40 deaths amid Covid-19 surge09:11 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 02 August 202108:46 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- PAKvWI: Rain frustrates Pakistan's bid to win West Indies T20I series11:58 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan hopeful India will ‘act fairly’ as head of UNSC11:44 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Balloon with Quaid-e-Azam’s pictures panics Indian officials in ...11:17 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Mustafa Qureshi, wife Rubina Qureshi test positive for coronavirus04:47 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s flying kiss video in bold dress goes viral04:21 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021