114 million dollars approved by WB for financial support to TDPs in FATA
ISLAMABAD - The World Bank has approved $114 million for extending financial support to families affected by militancy-related violence, improving child healthcare and establishing systems for emergency response safety net delivery in affected areas of Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA).
According to media reports, the World Bank approved $75 million credit for the original FATA Temporarily Displaced Persons (TDP) Emergency Recovery Project in August 2015. Beneficiaries of the project are families from five FATA Agencies, namely North Waziristan, South Waziristan, Orakzai, Kurram and Khyber.
The additional financing will help expand the support to 326,000 eligible temporarily displaced families, up from 120,000 under the original project. It will raise the number of participating families with children under 2 years of age to 300,000, up from 64,000 families benefiting from the Child Wellness Grant under the original project.
The new financing will also expand child health services to all 15 One Stop Shops in these FATA Agencies. The One Stop Shops reduce travel time and costs for parents by providing all related services at one point.-Online
- Conflict between PPP and Cynthia Ritchie intensifies after denial of ...08:22 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PML-N’s Khawaja Salman Rafique contracts coronavirus08:11 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- What Nawaz Sharif's doing in his latest picture from London07:37 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PIA directed to control fares after overcharging complaints07:13 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PTI MNA tests positive for coronavirus as health crisis deepens in ...06:35 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Zaheer Abbas looks like Money Heist‘s 'Professor’, says Mehwish ...02:24 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities who never endorsed fairness products01:50 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020