Italy to ensure proper treatment and rehabilitation of special Pakistani children, says Ambassdor Stefano Pontecorvo
He was talking to journalists after a meeting with Dr Saeed Elahi, Chairman of Red Crescent Pakistan, here at a local hotel on Saturday. Stefano Pontecorvo’s wife Ms Lydia was also present on the occasion.
Stefano Pontecorvo said that an amount of Rs 9 million had been raised for the treatment of special children suffering from Autism. In first phase, he said, the programme for the treatment and rehabilitation of Autistic children will be started from special children’s institutions based in Islamabad and Lahore.
“A survey has been conducted in educational institutions in Lahore and Islamabad,” he said, adding that the teachers and other staff would be imparted world class training. In second phase, he continued, the teachers will be sent to Italy for advanced training to produce trainers.
Dr Saeed Elahi, on the occasion, said that the joint programme between Italy and Pakistan was a positive step not just towards treatment and rehabilitation of special children and teachers’ training for their capacity building but also to promote friendly relations between the two countries.
- Pakistan records decline in Covid-19 with 1,531 new cases in a day09:57 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-15-Updated 10:00 ...09:36 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 15 May 202109:06 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Pakistan marks Palestine Day as Israeli forces escalate fight with ...01:57 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM discusses Israeli attacks on Al-Aqsa, Gaza with ...11:22 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Salman Khan's Radhe creates Bollywood history08:26 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Eid Mubarak – Katrina Kaif, Kangana Ranaut, Disha Patani & more ...04:30 PM | 14 May, 2021
- In Pictures: A look at how Pakistani stars are celebrating Eid-ul-Fitr11:12 AM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021