Pakistan, China pledge to support multilateralism, fight protectionism
Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif, who is in China to attend a meeting of Council of Foreign Ministers (CFM) of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), and Chinese Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi held a meeting in Beijing where both officials agreed to take the all-weather strategic cooperative partnership to new heights
The two foreign ministers agreed to smoothly achieve development of the proects under China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
According to CGTN, the two countries stressed a need to cooperate more than ever to fight rising unilateralism and protectionism.
This is the first CFM moot after Wang Yi was promoted to state councilor in March making him country's tody diplomat. He also holds the position of foreign minister.
Pakistan becomes full member of Shanghai ... 02:32 PM | 9 Jun, 2017
ASTANA - On Friday Pakistan became a full member of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, in what appears to be a ...
The forum was established in 2001 with an aim to improve political, economic, military cooperation, coordination and solidarity in Eurasia.
Foreign office in a statement said that the CFM will discuss issues related to peace and security at the international and regional level and promotion of cooperation between member states.
The meeting will finalize the preparations for the forthcoming SCO Heads of State Council in Qingdao.
Highlighting Pakistan's role, the foreign office added: "We have been playing an active, responsible and constructive role in it in line with the Shanghai Spirit which calls for mutual trust and benefit, equality, respect for cultural diversity and pursuit of common development".
Also, Federal Defence Minister Engr Khurram Dastgir Khan will depart on a two-day official visit to attend a meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) defence ministers' meeting scheduled to be on Tuesday.
SCO defence ministers conference: Khurram Dastgir ... 08:26 PM | 21 Apr, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Federal Defence Minister Engr Khurram Dastgir Khan will depart on a two-day official visit to attend a ...
On the first day of his visit, the minister will hold a bilateral meeting with his Chinese counterpart Wei Fenghe and discuss ways and means to further enhance defence cooperation between the two countries.
- Pakistan FM discusses Palestine issue with Chinese counterpart amid ...10:42 PM | 15 May, 2021
- UAE’s Etihad, flydubai airlines cancel flights to Israel amid ...09:23 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Israel destroys another Gaza building housing offices of Al Jazeera, ...07:52 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit turns 5404:47 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Here's what your favourite stars wore on Eid-ul-Fitr11:51 AM | 15 May, 2021
- ‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV artist Farooq Qaiser ...09:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021