Police submit charge sheet blaming Rao Anwar for killing Naqeebullah Mehsud
District Central SSP, Dr Rizwan Ahmad Khan, has submitted a supplementary charge-sheet on the basis of Joint Investigation Team (JIT)’s report, which holds Rao Anwar responsible for the encounter.
According to the 'damaging' charge-sheet, which has been formulated after taking statements of witnesses -including Muhammad Qasim and Hazrat Ali - and evidence, Rao Anwar was leading the team, which was involved in abducting, declaring Naqeebullah, Muhammad Ishaq, Muhammad Sabir and Nazar Jan as terrorists and later killing them in the fake encounter.
It is also stated that during interrogation, Anwar deliberately delayed the matter and withheld the facts and could not produce any evidence to establish his innocence, however, it has been proven that he was present at the crime scene, Express Tribune reported.
SC orders Rao Anwar's arrest after he surrenders ... 12:11 PM | 21 Mar, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Former SSP Malir Rao Anwar, the main suspect in the extrajudicial killing of a South Waziristan youth, on ...
The investigators also unearthed Rao's contact with police constables Jahangir Khanzada and Shakil Feroz through DSP Qamar and SHO Amanullah Marwat. It was also found that former DSP Qamar Ahmad compromised the evidence at the crime scene and acted as a facilitator to the team involved in the encounter.
The police investigation says that the constable Shakil Feroz replaced mobile SIMs after the incident, however, the police have admitted that the weapons used in the encounter have yet to be seized.
The investigations were conducted by the JIT headed by Sindh AIG Aftab Pathan, which was devised on the directives of Supreme Court and it held 16 meetings at different places to probe the high-profile case.
It is to be noted that Rao Anwar - who was arrested from the premises of the Supreme Court - had already filed a review petition against the Supreme Court’s order to re-constitute the JIT.
The police official expressed mistrust over the team and requested that members of intelligence agencies should also be included in the team. However, the matter is yet to be fixed for hearing.
- Pakistan likely to hike gas tariff after withdrawing petroleum ...11:59 AM | 29 May, 2022
- Pakistani delegation leaves for India for talks on water disputes11:16 AM | 29 May, 2022
- Over 1,500 candidates elected unopposed as polling underway for ...08:57 AM | 29 May, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:33 AM | 29 May, 2022
- Watch – Saba Qamar loses her cool at press conference09:36 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan gets clean chit in drugs case07:47 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Ghana Ali expresses her resentment towards Maryam Nawaz09:12 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022