PEMRA issues notices to 29 news channels on airing unverified news of bomb blast in Gulberg
The PEMRA had given 7 days to the management of the channels in question to reply to the notice.
Following a deadly blast in a shopping centre in Defence area of Lahore, news broke about a second explosion in Gulberg, but this turned out to be a hoax.
The channels issued show cause notices include ARY News, Khyber News, 92 News, Dunya News, Samaa TV, Geo News, Metro One News, Awaz, Jaag, Abb Tak, Roze News, Dawn News, Mehran, Kohinoor, 7 News, Lahore News, Neo News, Capital TV, Bol News, Such News, Sindh TV News, Channel 5, Din News, Express News, Waqt News, KTN, News One, 24 News and K-21. - APP
- Biden phones Netanyahu, Abbas as death toll in Israeli airstrikes on ...07:54 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone Tauktae – Heavy rains kill 4, affect over 42,000 in Sri ...06:14 PM | 16 May, 2021
- US forces leave key Afghanistan military base05:22 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone TAUKTAE 'will not make landfall on Pakistan's coastal belt'04:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021