Dubai ranks 5 globally in economic performance
Macau, the Chinese, outperformed the rest of the world's major cities economically last year, while four Turkish cities ranked among the top ten, Khaleej Times reported. Abu Dhabi and four other GCC cities also figured in the list.
While Macau recorded a gross domestic product, or GDP, growth of eight per cent and employment growth of 4.2 per cent, Dubai posted 4.5 per cent GDP growth and 4.7 per cent employment growth.
Cities in the developing world, especially of China, dominated the top of the annual economic rankings. Four Turkish cities made the top 10: Izmir, Istanbul, Bursa and Ankara.
- Systems Limited wins Lahore Chamber Of Commerce & Industry IT Award ...02:18 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Khamenei casts vote as Iran elects new president01:21 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Lahore Qalandars face off Multan Sultans in must-win ...12:26 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- CTD kills four terrorists in Balochistan11:27 AM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Expansionary Fiscal and Monetary Policy to Ensure Sustainable Growth10:43 AM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Late Paul Walker's daughter may appear in Fast & Furious 10: Vin ...11:44 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- TikToker Mian Kashif arrested for fraud with Ertugrul star (VIDEO)08:46 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Sanam Saeed agrees with Riz Ahmed's stance on Muslim ...05:56 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021