Dubai ranks 5 globally in economic performance
Macau, the Chinese, outperformed the rest of the world's major cities economically last year, while four Turkish cities ranked among the top ten, Khaleej Times reported. Abu Dhabi and four other GCC cities also figured in the list.
While Macau recorded a gross domestic product, or GDP, growth of eight per cent and employment growth of 4.2 per cent, Dubai posted 4.5 per cent GDP growth and 4.7 per cent employment growth.
Cities in the developing world, especially of China, dominated the top of the annual economic rankings. Four Turkish cities made the top 10: Izmir, Istanbul, Bursa and Ankara.
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-09-Updated 10:00 ...09:32 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Pakistan registers 3,785 new Covid-19 cases, 118 deaths in 24 hours09:12 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 09 May 202108:59 AM | 9 May, 2021
- A successful story of young Emirati chef - Ahmed Darweesh01:16 AM | 9 May, 2021
- PM Imran and Pakistani delegation pay respects at Masjid-e-Nabwi12:00 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi recalls how she broke 12 bones in an accident (VIDEO)05:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Here's what Hina Altaf said about Aagha Ali before marriage (VIDEO)05:41 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021