SC annuls SHC's decision of banning alcohol sale across province
According to details, proceedings of the case were heard by a three-member bench presided by Justice Saqib Nisar. The Supreme Court admitted appeals against Sindh High Court's October 27 decision of banning the sale of alcohol in the province.
"The case pertaining to the ban on sale of alcohol by the Sindh High Court should be heard anew and judgment should be passed quickly," stated the court.
The Supreme Court ordered all parties to the case to turn to the Sindh High Court with regard to the appeal.
"The Supreme Court is not deciding whether the sale of alcohol is legal or illegal," said Justice Saqib Nisar.
"One should not form the impression that the Supreme Court has allowed consumption of alcohol," he added.
During the hearing, Dr Ramesh Kumar Vankwani, the patron of Pakistan Hindu Council and PML-N MNA argued that in Hinduism, selling and drinking alcohol was prohibited.
Justice Saqib Nisar stated that a final decision could not be taken on an interim order.
- ICCIA holds Best of Entrepreneurship Pakistan Session at IBA11:33 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Nimra Khan boggles netizens with latest video11:01 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Angelina Jolie pens heartfelt note after visiting flood-hit areas in ...10:35 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Tuba Anwar and Mathira's virtual spat gets serious07:43 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Nora Fatehi's new dance video sets internet on fire07:10 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022