Khashoggi's son comes face-to-face with Saudi rulers after reports of 'body parts found'
It also comes hours after horrific details emerged claiming murdered Khashoggi's face had been "disfigured", according to Sky News sources.
Pictures of the cynical photo-op quickly appeared online, showing an uncomfortable and unhappy looking Salah bin Jamal Khashoggi shaking hands with the Saudi crown prince as a guard looked on in the background.
Salah has reportedly been banned from leaving Saudi Arabia for the past year. Global Opinions editor for the Washington Post Karen Attiah said that in her conversations with Khashoggi (a contributor to the paper), he had been "most upset" that Riyadh had imposed travel bans on his children in order to "put pressure on him" over his critical writings.
It is also true #Khashoggi's son is a U.S. dual citizen. In our conversations, Jamal was most upset that Saudi Arabia imposed travel bans on children to put pressure on him for his writing. #Khashoggi https://t.co/dWS8FLnaPa— Karen Attiah (@KarenAttiah) October 22, 2018
The meeting took place as unconfirmed reports were emerging that Khashoggi’s body parts had been found in the garden of the Saudi consul general’s home nearby the consulate where the journalist was murdered.
The son of #JamalKhashoggi (banned from travel) received by King Salman (for condolences).— Fadi Al-Qadi (@fqadi) October 23, 2018
How ruthless it is for a guy to stand inches away from the person who is believed to be his dad's killer.
Ruthless #khashoggi pic.twitter.com/CGRrXnrEgO
Meanwhile, CIA director Gina Haspel has travelled to Turkey to assist the ongoing investigation into Khashoggi’s death, but her presence has sparked speculation that she will attempt to convince Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan not to release information which would implicate the Saudi crown prince, a US ally, in the journalist’s murder.
- Hamza Malik likely to be the next big thing, impresses yet again with ...12:35 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Palestinian-Israeli conflict: Pakistan urges UN to play its central ...12:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Cameras installed in Islamabad police uniforms to improve performance11:51 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- I absolutely do not endorse the concepts and viewpoints of Mr Khalil ...03:37 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019